Thursday 23 November 2023

Arm Cambridge - mini-Debcamp 23 November 2023


 At Arm for two days before the mini-Debconf this weekend.

First time at Arm for a few years: huge new buildings, shiny lecture theatre.

Arm have made us very welcome. A superb buffet lunch and unlimited coffee plus soft drinks - I think they know what Debian folk are like.
Not enough power blocks laid out at the beginning - only one per table - but we soon fixed that 😀

The room is full of Debian folk: some I know, some new faces. Reminiscing about meeting some of them from 25 years ago - and the chance to thank people for help over a long time.

Andy (RattusRattus) and I have been working out the bugs on an install script using UEFI for a Raspberry Pi 4. More on that in the next post, maybe.

As ever, it's the sort of place where "I can't get into the wiki" is sorted by walking three metres across the room or where an "I can't find where to get X for Raspberry Pi" can be solved by asking the person who builds Raspbian. "Did you try and sign up to the Debian wiki last week - you didn't follow the instructions to mail wiki@ - I _know_ you didn't because I didn't see the mail ... "

My kind of place and my kind of people, as ever.

Thanks again to Arm who are one of our primary sponsors for this mini-Debconf.

No comments:

Post a Comment